Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mermaids

....................Mermaids...................
Today i have had some play time with my background first, i have used two co-ordinated background papers, punched jigsaw puzzle pieces, embellished with flowers and jewels.On the background i have also used one of my favourite scroll stamps in a variety of aqua and greens. this in to mimick the underwater depths where these mythological creatures live.
I have used pitt pencils to colour my mermaid and a little black liner work to finish. Her hair is some random silk fibres and her body has some sequines here and there for a little sparkle............I have made sure that my pencil work is transparent and the soft scrolls in the background show through.............

1 comment:

  1. I think the mermaid is great, must be for me as it is done in greens and I love green! Puzzle pieces look good.
    Cheers
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete