Saturday, March 12, 2011

Gabrielle 'Coco' Chanel


...................Coco Chanel....................

Coco is my all time favourite fashion icon!! For this page i started with some stamping, torn sheets of paper, a few tags, a small metal arm and hand attatched to the dress sleeve and some scribbled inspiring words down the side.

I have used one of Coco's well known quotes and a few lines about some of her firsts.


My love for everything Chanel began back in my college days when i was studying fashion design. I was picked to redesign and wear a chanel suit from 1967 for a tribute to secretaries. We had to model our creations on the tram tracks at the top of Collins Street in Melbourne.This picture was in New Idea...........

Ever since then i adore Chanel.


One of my best memories from our trip to france was standing in her original store at 31 Rue Cambon and looking at her mirrored staircase.......

3 comments:

  1. Annette, I just love the way you have compiled the ellements of this page, the dress and shoes look fantastic and the metal arm embellishment is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, I just love the way you have compiled the ellements of this page, the dress and shoes look fantastic and the metal arm embellishment is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ms Stevenson,
    Im writing from Italy, just wanted to say that I think your creations are great. I have just discovered your Bears which I really love. I tried to send you a message but you mail doesn't seem to work, so I tried leaving a note on facebook hope you get a chance to read it.
    You have a lot of fans here in Italy that are real keen on your books and patterns.
    Thank you
    Graziella

    ReplyDelete